Need a Phenomenon? A phenomenon is simply an observable event. In the science classroom a carefully chosen phenomenon can drive student inquiry. Phenomena add relevance to the science classroom showing students science in their own world. A good phenomenon is observable, interesting, complex, and aligned to the appropriate standard.Try these links. If you find a favorite one send it to your Region Rep and they will share it.
1. The Wonder List of Science - Master List of Phenomenon
2. Phenomena for NGSS - Creating Student Engagement
3. #Project Phenomena - Search Phenomena Data Base
4. Phenomena Ideas - Model Based Inquiry
Need SEEd Lessons? Try these amazing sites. If you have a favorite lesson please share it with your Region Rep and they will spread the joy.
1. San Juan School District Science - Jamie Carling
2. SEEd Story Line - Utah Science Curriculum Consortium
3. SEEd Lessons through the lens of Air Quality - Breathe Utah
4. SEEd Lessons through the lens of Natural Resources and Energy - Governor's Office of Energy Development